In a city the size of San Antonio, there’s a lot of real estate to be had. There are properties downtown, in the Hill Country, and in the suburbs. There are commercial and business properties. There are plots of land and acreage for sale. The list goes on and on.
And to help handle all that San Antonio real estate? Thousands of Realtors that serve the area. Real estate agents who buy, sell, market, prep and otherwise take care of all of the above mentioned properties in an effort to get them in the hands of the right buyers.
While having all these agents in the area is a certainly a good thing for consumers (it gives buyers and sellers infinite choices in who they hire), it can also make the process a little more overwhelming for said consumer. Where do you start? How do you find the most fitting candidate? How do you pick the absolute best Realtor San Antonio has for the job? It can be difficult to say the least.
Fortunately, we have some advice for you. We don’t just want to help you sell your home or buy the right property, we want to give you the tools you need to do it well– and that means helping you find the hands-down best Realtor for your needs.
Want to find the real estate agent most appropriate for your task at hand? Take a gander at these suggestions:
- Start in your exact area. One of the most important factors is going to be your Realtor’s location. After all, San Antonio is a huge place; you can’t expect every agent to be an expert in every neighborhood, suburb and subdivision can you? Definitely not. Focus on potential candidates who are located either in the area you’re selling or in the area you want to buy in. They will be the most knowledgeable on the region’s amenities, its market, and other important factors that could influence your sale or purchase.
- Find a reputable firm or agency. Before you choose your Realtor, choose the agency they work for. Ask your friends, neighbors, family members and coworkers for realty recommendations, and find out who they used, liked, and would hire again. You can also check online review sites like Yelp or Facebook to see what past customers have said about agencies in your area. The word of past clientele can often give you huge insight into how an agency works and how it takes care of business. It can also tell you pretty quickly who to steer clear of!
- Look at backgrounds and expertise. Once you’ve found an agency that’s in your area- one has good reviews and boasts a great reputation in the community- it’s time to find your perfect Realtor next. Start by looking at agent profiles on the firm’s site, and get a feel for each agent’s background. Who has the most experience in the area you’re looking to buy in sell in? Who has been working in the industry the longest? Are there agents who are more experienced in selling than others? Buying? Maybe commercial properties? Keep an eye out for candidates who have experience in the exact things you’ll need from them. Start creating a shortlist of agents who could possibly fit the bill for your needs.
- Call them up or meet them in person. Reach out to the agents on your shortlist, and set up a call or in-person meeting with them. In this meeting, you’ll want to get a feel for their background and expertise, as well as how they’d handle your specific needs and goals. What is their process? How would they price and market your home? How would they help you find the perfect property for you and your loved ones? You want to make sure their process is going to work with your lifestyle and your needs. You also need to get a feel for their current workload. If they’re handling 20 properties, bouncing from open house to open house, and juggling 30 other clients on top of that without the help of a support staff, they’re going to be pretty strapped for time. Most likely, that means you’ll get the short end of the stick, and your needs won’t get the attention, time or effort they deserve. Choose someone who’s experienced and in-demand, but not too overloaded with work. They need to have time to devote to you and your goals!
- If you’re buying a house, have your top candidate get started. Give them all the details of your needs, preferences and budget, and set them loose looking for properties that fall in line with those. Once you do that, you’re looking for a few things: 1) to see how quickly they get to work for you. Do they send you potential properties within a day or two? Or is it a week or longer before they get around to it? Basically – how much of a priority are you to them? Also, how did they communicate with you? Did they call, text or email? Did that work for you? You’re also looking to see 2) how much they understand you and your needs. Are the properties they’re showing you appropriate? Do they fit your budget? Do they have the amenities you’re looking for in a home, or do they just seem to be cookie-cutter properties picked randomly out of a hat? Once you determine these two things, you should be able to gauge how effective they are going to be as your agent. If they responded quickly and gave you great property options, then by all means, plow forward with their help. If they didn’t, you may need to look at the next candidate on your list. You need a Realtor who will give you the time and energy you – and your money - deserve!
Ultimately, the decision to buy or sell a home is yours, but the real estate agent you choose is going to play a big role in getting you to that point. They’ll help you price and market your property, find and tour homes, evaluate inspection reports and request repairs, negotiate pricing, and so many other tasks along the way. If you want the absolute best results at the end, you need to make sure you have the absolute best ally you can throughout the process. So follow these steps, and find the best Realtor San Antonio has for your needs and budget.
Need More Help?
Still stumped on where to find the best Realtor in San Antonio? Try Keller Williams San Antonio first. Our agent base boasts experts in all areas of the city, and we can help you find the perfect agent for your exact specifications. Contact us now to get started on your home search – or sale – today! Found the home of your dreams and need a lender? We've got you covered- get pre approved with a trusted San Antonio mortgage lender today.