Whether you just tied the knot, you’ve got your first baby on the way, or you have two or three little ones already, Helotes TX real estate offers the perfect place to raise your family.
Located just northeast of San Antonio, Helotes is a quaint, tightly-knit community with loads to offer. Though it started out as primarily a farming and ranching area, the town has now grown to be one of the Alamo City’s most sought-after and in-demand suburbs.
With loads of available land, sprawling Hill Country views, and affordable, quality real estate, it’s a dream for those who are just getting started.
Are you looking for your family’s starter home? Here’s why Helotes, TX real estate is your answer:
- Budget-friendly options – In Helotes, you’ll find properties to fit virtually any budget. Whether you have $180,000 or $1 million to spend, there’s an option for a variety of financial limits here. In fact, a nice 3 BR, 2 bath can cost you as little as $180,000! Compare that to many of the surrounding communities’ pricing, and you’ve got yourself a true steal.
8822 Imperial Cross This 3 bedroom home in the desirable Sonoma Ranch neighborhood of Helotes features a single story and an open concept floor plan.
- All shapes and sizes – Need a home for just two or three people, or are you looking forward to large and bountiful family down the line? Either way, you’ll find Helotes real estate that fits the bill. From small 2- and 3-bedrooms to larger, sprawling estates, you’ll see it all here in Helotes.
- Great local schools – Children in Helotes attend schools in the Northside Independent School District, the largest ISD in San Antonio and the fourth largest in the whole state. It was deemed a “recognized” campus by the Texas Education Agency four times running, and it even contains a few Blue Ribbon Schools – the highest honor a campus can earn. The ISD also offers magnet schools and specialized programs in business, communications, construction, healthcare, science and engineering.
- Plenty to do for the whole family – There’s always something to do in Helotes. Kids will love the town’s Little Gym, where they can run, play and celebrate birthdays, and the annual Winterfest offers real-life snow sledding, carriage rides, pictures with Santa and more. Plus, there are adult-friendly activities, too. Visit the Helotes Hill Country Zip Lines for an adrenaline rush, stop by the Helotes Creek Winery for a few glasses of your favorite red, or head to the John T. Floore Country Story for live music, drinks and a good time with friends.
- Low cost of living – In addition to its affordable housing, Helotes has a low cost of living, too. According to stats, groceries, health care, utilities and transportation in the area are all less than the state and national averages. Household incomes are higher in Helotes, as well, with the median coming in at $106,000 – more than double the state and national numbers. Poverty levels in the area are amazingly low, too. Only 4 percent of residents are impoverished, and a mere 2 percent are unemployed.
15523 Port ales Pass Another viable option in Sonoma Ranch, this home appeals to those with a bit higher budget for their first home.
- Lots of local services – As your family grows, you’re going to need local service providers like doctors, dentists, hospitals, day care centers, veterinary office, grocery stores, gymnasiums and more. Helotes is filled to the brim with these professional services, and you can find everything your family needs to live a happy, healthy and prosperous life right here in town.
- Low crime rates – When compared to all surrounding cities, Helotes has a shockingly crime rate. At just 96 crimes per every 100,000 people, Helotes is statistically safer than Shavano Park, Leon alley, Castle Hills, Balcones Heights, Hill Country Village, Olmos Park, Hollywood Park and San Antonio proper. It’s also significantly lower than the national violent crime rate too, which comes in at 264 per every 100,000 residents.
Another benefit of Helotes? If you don’t find the perfect piece of real estate you’re looking for, it’s easy to build your own! Acreage is easy to come by in spacious Hill Country, and Helotes is in the heart of it. Purchase the lot you need, and create your dream home in just a matter of months. It’s that easy.
Want to Call Helotes Home?
Helotes, TX real estate offers plenty of starter home options for you and your family, depending on what your budget, needs or limitations may be. Do you want to see some potential homes in person? Contact a Helotes real estate expert today. Our local experts can create a personalized list of properties just for your family and budget.
Looking to buy a home but don't know where to start? Talk to the experts at Gold Financial Services about your loan options!