Curious about what it's like to live in San Antonio? Check out these local tweets to get the scoop on #SATX!
We've all seen viral lists about how #NYC's crowded streets and #LA's breezy vibes...but what does the Internet have to say about #SATX?
We hopped on Twitter to find the answer!
From cinnamon rolls to hikes to jazz clubs, here are 30 tweets from businesses and residents that prove The Alamo City is a great place to live.
1. We wouldn't dare start a list about San Antonio's twitter habits without first and foremost making way for the @SanAntonioSpurs. Born and bred in #satx, the Spurs are more than a team. They're family.
— San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) March 21, 2019
2. We sure aren't mad about living close to @BakeryLorraine! Famous for their colorful (and tasty) French macarons, Lorraine also bakes plenty of other tasty treats in-house. Stop in for a pop tart, sticky bun, or cookie.
Honored to have been named as one of the 21 Best Bakeries in America by Thrillist!
What's your favorite Bakery Lorraine eat/treat? https://t.co/KF5wATLjXi
— BAKERY LORRAINE (@BAKERYLORRAINE) January 7, 2019
— San Antonio Current (@SAcurrent) March 14, 2019
4. Thank you, @JaredKENS5, for capturing this fiery #satx sunset.
— Jared Silverman (@JaredKENS5) November 24, 2018
5. What would San Antonio be without its Mexican Food? We don't even want to think about it. This video from @laspalapas1981 is making us want to take an early lunch break...
— Las Palapas Restaurants (@laspalapas1981) March 18, 2019
6. A revitalized downtown park that loves to gather the city together, @hemisfair offers various family-friendly events like Super Fun Saturday.
Cat in the Hat stripes, truffula trees, flying kites & more filled the park for Super Fun Saturday! Big, Seuss-sized thank you's to @KilwinsSA & Trinidad Realty Partners that makes Super Fun Saturday possible. See all the photos here: https://t.co/lBc1GIPPnT #Hemisfair pic.twitter.com/G4I73Se4Ph
— Hemisfair (@hemisfair) March 19, 2019
7. A modern food hall within the historic Pearl Brewery complex, the @BottlingDept is centered around a courtyard and surrounded by chef-driven vendors. Oh, and (obviously) a wine and beer bar. Head over for Happy Hour!
— Bottling Department (@BottlingDept) March 15, 2019
8. As one of San Antonio's oldest buildings (and certainly its largest theater), The Majestic dates back to 1929! Thanks, @HistTheatrePics, for showcasing a piece of #satx history.
The Majestic Theatre in San Antonio is one of John Eberson's finest atmospheric theatres, and still has its historic decorative fire curtain in place.
For more pics+info -> https://t.co/rooOC6Zpfv
For event info+tix -> https://t.co/x16p7Tw3AK@MajesticEmpire #SanAntonio pic.twitter.com/JJKGYhdkkK
— Historic Theatre Photos (@HistTheatrePics) March 15, 2019
9. In Spring, wildflowers bloom all over San Antonio! Here's a shot of the lovely scenery at one of San Antonio's historic missions via @MissionsNPS.
Spring is here San Antonio! Come visit your San Antonio Missions and experience the beautiful scenery.
What is your favorite wildflower or tree is during this season? pic.twitter.com/lXnJu2EkjW
— San Antonio Missions (@MissionsNPS) March 16, 2019
— Sarah Brooke Lyons (@SBLPhoto) January 16, 2015
11. San Antonio Business Journal reporter @SABJtech has the scoop: local tech startup Rackspace is growing even more.
— SABJ_kmosbrucker (@SABJtech) March 12, 2019
12. Located in the historic former Lone Star Brewery, the San Antonio Museum of Art features famously large collections of art from ancient Mediterranean, Asian, and Latin America (and, yes, that means mummies and swords).
— Hilton San Antonio Hill Country (@HiltonTxSanAnt) February 25, 2019
13. @LukeSimons makes an awesome point: San Antonio is the place to be when "winter" hits.
— Luke Simons (@LukeKENS5) February 17, 2019
14. #SATX loves giving back! According to @SanAntonioMag, The Big Give will support various participating nonprofits in one of South Central Texas' largest 24-hour giving events. (Register or donate at thebiggivesa.org)
Early giving for @TheBigGiveSA opens a week from today! Learn how a few of the participating nonprofits got their start here: https://t.co/fXbThFQEyx #BigGive2019 @THRUProject @CBCST #paws pic.twitter.com/POHqNvRghA
— San Antonio Magazine (@SanAntonioMag) March 14, 2019
15. Looking for a new fitness routine? San Antonio's first standalone rock climbing gym is open and ready for business! Armadillo Boulders features over 120 boulder problems (from beginner to expert). Thanks for the #SATX scoop, @rye_journo!
— Rye Druzin ðŸ”©â›“ï¸ðŸ“ (@rye_journo) July 11, 2018
— John Tedesco (@John_Tedesco) September 18, 2018
17. Science education is alive and well at @SingleSeedEdu! This adorable student is well on her way to new discoveries.
— John Tedesco (@John_Tedesco) September 18, 2018
We're proud to be the home for many of San Antonio's Top 100 Dining and Drinks, including @CuredatPearl, @supperatemma, @BotikaPearl, @BoilerHouseSA, @TheGranarySA, @southerleighsa, @highstreetwine, Sternewirth and @BAKERYLORRAINE. https://t.co/HeEQquh2ig
— The Historic Pearl (@HistoricPearl) March 11, 2019
SA Zoo on TripAdvisor's list of world's most-booked sightseeing tickets - San Antonio Business Journal https://t.co/IHmXAjeVtV
— San Antonio Zoo & Zoo SchoolðŸ¦ (@SanAntonioZoo) February 15, 2019
20. The friendliest place to watch the Spurs play? Head to @thefriendlyspot for everything from Mexican and American food (plus, 250+ brews on tap!).
— The Friendly Spot (@thefriendlyspot) March 17, 2019
21. San Antonio's coffee scene has grown tremendously over the past decade, and spots like @indycco prove it. Located near UTSA in Northwest San Antonio, Indy serves up tasty 'spro starting at 7:00 AM every day.
— Indy CC (@indycco) February 2, 2019
22. Is anyone else counting down the days to Fiesta?!
— City of San Antonio (@COSAGOV) March 20, 2019
23. Perched on the Far West edge of San Antonio, Government Canyon State Natural Area is worth the trek! This 9,000+ acre park is bursting with Texas beauty.
#DoYouKnowH2O? Government Canyon State Natural Area - Texas Parks and Wildlife is a 9,084 acre preserve in Northwest Bexar County. It occurs on all three aquifer zones - the Drainage Area, Recharge Zone and Artesian Zone. pic.twitter.com/SaH5e26RFP
— EAA (@EdwardsAquifer) February 22, 2019
— JointBaseSanAntonio (@JBSA_Official) February 27, 2019
25. Local award-winning chef @iamchefjohnny recently posted this article. According to a recent study by the Brookings Institution, #SATX had the second fastest-growing population of millennials among the nation's top 100 metro areas.**
— Johnny P. Hernandez (@iamchefjohnny) March 15, 2019
02/20 08:30 pm JazzTX - The Doc Watkins Trio pic.twitter.com/yBiiYCKUsL
— SATX Jazz (@SATXJazz) February 20, 2019
27. Look at that doggo! Head to one of @SAParksandRec's many green spaces with your pup to play.
— SAParksandRec (@SAParksandRec) January 27, 2019
28. Our beloved #SATX has more than one Farmers Market! In this tweet, @COSAGOV highlights the Mission Marquee Plaza's monthly setup.
Mission Marquee Plaza welcomes back their monthly farmer's market, featuring local vendors & artisan wares. Stop by on March 16 from 10 AM - 2 PM for cooking demonstrations from @safoodbank + live musicðŸŽ¶, tree giveaways ðŸŒ³& free ZumbaðŸ’ƒ! https://t.co/rXOuVUJSc4 pic.twitter.com/8TuR5jiEPx
— City of San Antonio (@COSAGOV) March 16, 2019
29. @KuenstlerBrew found a way to combine yoga and tasty beer...dare we say, genius?
Pint night is here! How do you say Namaste? Roll our your yoga mat, drink a beer, have a Lobster Roll at cost and say Prost!
ðŸ“·: Sound Bites Yoga pic.twitter.com/yRdl1xnKad
— KÃ¼nstler Brewing (and Pub) (@KuenstlerBrew) March 5, 2019
30. Curious about neighborhoods in #SATX? We've always got the scoop! Follow @KW_SanAntonio on Twitter for info about local events, communities, and (obviously) beautiful homes for sale.
Can't decide between the city and the countryside? https://t.co/IsdQdoJjIO
— KWSanAntonio (@KW_SanAntonio) February 22, 2019
Are you thinking about making #SATX your next home base? We’d love to set you up with the perfect KW agent, introduce you to a lender, chat about your mortgage possibilities, and figure out what type of property you’re looking for. Download a FREE copy of our exclusive Buyer’s Guide (created specifically for the SA-area buyer), and get in touch!